Thursday, February 21, 2008

A little about me

So my friend Heather tagged me on her blog (www.ethiopiavazcomingtocarolina.blogspot.com). I really don't know what that means other than she asked me to tell everyone 6 things about myself that you may or may not know. Oh and by the way if you have any friends or family going thru adoption her blog is a great resource on adoption.

Okay so 6 things about me.

1. I am the baby of the family. I have two older sisters. One lives with her family in the snow belt of Ohio. The lake effect snow can be pretty brutal at times. The other lives with her family in Volunteer country of Tennessee. They are both a great resource to me in the health care field. If I have questions I just call them and they are there for advice and support.

2. I grew up in the snow belt of Ohio. Which is northeast Ohio for those of you who don't have a clue what I am talking about. I lived there for 30 years of my life and then became a southerner, preferring the temps in NC over the ones in Ohio any day. Yes, even when it is over 100 degrees here in the summer. I did briefly live in Naperville, IL but that was only for like 3months so I don't really count that one.

3. I spend 3 weeks of one of my college summers in Sao Paulo, Brazil and Curitiba, Brazil. I went as a leader with the youth group from our church for a missions trip there. It was such an amazing experience to see how the culture is the same yet so different from ours. One of the most amazing things is listening to prayer in another language. You don't have a clue what they are saying but you do know that they are praising God. A God who listens in all languages. This was an amazing time for me in my life.

4. Oh the title for my blog is 3 little heels. Well I went round and round trying to find the perfect name for this time in my life. And I figured that we live in the tarheel state so we are heels. The 3 little is about the kids. One coming sooner than later. And when it all fit together I thought to myself... That perfectly describes my home in a few short months. 3 little pairs of heels running around in my house. My kids and husband are not quiet people and the little pounding of their heels will be ever so present in my house on the wood floors.

5. I am an extrovert.( Thanks for reminding me on this one Heather) I have done the Myers-Briggs test now twice at church. Once for small group leaders training and once for a spiritual gifts inventory. It was amazing to me all the things that the test nailed down for me. Most of the people that I know will have already known this about me but it is just kind of fun to realize that God made me that way for a specific reason. I just have to remember use this gift in his way and not mine.

6. One of my favorite foods is Vlasic Dill pickles. And this is not just b/c I am pregnant. I have like them since I can remember. Ask my Mom... She caught me once drinking the juice out of the empty pickle jar. Why waste a good thing. And the other one is strawberry-rhubarb pie!!!! I love it. My parents use to have rhubarb growing at their house. And my mom would make a mean strawberry-rhubarb pie. My neighbor found out that I liked the pie so much she made me one last spring with some fresh strawberries that I had picked for her. What a sweetheart she is...

Well I think that is all for now that you might need to know about me. The little heels in the house are quiet for now, resting!!!! This is much needed mommy time for me. Hope you all enjoyed a little bit of info on me.

No comments: