Saturday, July 12, 2008

Changing Times Part 2

So sometime before the 4th of July our little princess was so excited one day b/c she had a loose tooth!! Now I am not one for dealing well with any tooth related things. That was the one thing I hated about teaching 1st grade. The number of loose teeth was astounding!!! Thank goodness my aide was a mom and knew how to deal with loose teeth b/c I was so not into the whole wiggling thing. So now that it is my first child getting ready to lose a tooth I have kind of had to deal with it b/c I don't have an aide to take care of it. And it is really one of her last "firsts." Before I know it she will be off driving, graduating and getting married. She is getting so big so fast. I digress...

Okay so my big plan this weekend was to have some girl time with my daughter. Now that we are out numbered in our house by boys I decided we needed to start doing some girl stuff together. So Friday night we got her hair cut at a really cute kids hair cutting place. Here is the website to check into them in your area: http://www.sweetandsassy.com/ We could have done a whole package deal with manicures, pedicures, up dos, lotions, spas... oh my! We stuck with a regular haircut. Her hair was so long it was so hard to brush in the morning. Later that night she took a shower and was so proud of how she could brush her hair. ( she use to but it was too long and frustrating so she quit brushing herself) So that was our first change.

Then our next special thing was going to see the new American Girl movie: Kit Kittridge. It was so cute and I loved it. Our princess didn't really get it all but she liked it too. So the best part of the day was in the middle of the movie. She was eating popcorn and she hands me something. She says, " Mommy I don't know what this is?" So I take it out of her hand thinking it is a popcorn kernal. It is hard but it is not round at all! After thinking and looking at it in a dark theater I realize it is her TOOTH!!!!!! In my hand, with no where to put it! And I didn't freak out like I thought I would. I carefully put in my pocket so we didnt' lose it! She was so proud of herself. She kept sticking her tongue thru her new found space and her fingers and her lip. She was so silly.

So yet another change in our house. Our little girl is growing up and losing teeth!! Take a look at her new look!



3 comments:

The Buntens said...

Very cute new look! B wants to get her hair cut. Maybe a trip to S and S would be good.

Thanks for the idea!

Kristin said...

Pretty soon she'll be asking to go for pedicures!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! she is such a doll and getting SOOOO grown up! what a fun girl's night together! :)