Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting Older

So today is my birthday!!! ( y'all can guess my age if you want) I am not looking for anyone to really remember that but just for me to think back and say what happened. It was just yesterday that I was a little stick of a child swimming my heart out in swim meets. Or hanging out with my dad in the garage "helping." Or being the youngest of three girls and my sister calling me a brat a lot and I probably deserved it. And the dreams of doing exactly what my mom did all day! Taking care of her three girls!!!



Now I have three kids. Which I am still in denial about after 9 1/2 weeks. A good denial.



I digress....



So my birthday. Growing up you count the days until your birthday and somewhere along the way you stop counting. And this morning my hubby says," Happy Birthday" and I forgot it was my b-day. Then my mom calls and tells me the same thing and I almost forgot again. Silly me!



So what did I do today. Spent time driving the princess to school for kindergarten, her 3rd day! I am still crying when I drop her off, by the way! Getting snacks for my 3 yr old Big Boy Popeye( which is another story for another time). And feeding a beautiful baby his bottles. Starting a load or two of laundry. Going to get an irrigation permit. Getting lunches for everyone. Doing MOPS stuff and having a normal day. Not much of a birthday.



But then I thought about it. My dream was to be a wife and a mom, just like my mom, and on my birthday what better gift than to be just that... wife and mom.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

Brook,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are right...there is no better gift on a birthday than an ordinary, extraordinary day with one's kids!! Happy 25th...we stopped counting then, right? :)
Thanks for being in our lives and cheers to another happy year!
Rebekah Cardenas (& boys)

Stefani said...

Happy Birthday Brook! Sorry I'm a day late. That's the story of my life. :) Anyway, I hope you had a great day! You can celebrate with ice cream tomorrow night! See you then!

Kristen W said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Brook! I stopped counting at 29 but if it's 25 for you all the better!! :)

Brian & Jenn + 4 said...

Hey--I know I am way late, but I hope you had a great birthday! We are busy getting settled in & the internet connection is a bit slow, so I may not get online as much. Still thinking about all of you...Hope you are all well!

Take care & thanks so much for all you guys have done. :)