This past week the Lord has really put one of the gifts he gave me to the test. He has blessed me with the gift of tears! Yes, you have read that right. I can cry at the drop of a hat, a silly commercial that reminds me of something in my life, a discovery channel documentary on the demise of zebras by alligators( that is another blog story to tell at a later time), a friend's daughter going to kindergarten, the beauty of a North Carolina morning, and so much more.
So this week I have had a few tear jerkers. Not anything big but just reminders that my children are getting older and they are not babies anymore. The big one for me was when my almost 40lbs daughter was able to control a 1000lbs or more horse. I don't know if it was relief that she could do it or the realization that she didn't need me to help her or just that I was such a proud mother. But it moved me to tears. (and right now I am welling up as I write this) okay... So here is a video of her first day on a horse( that wasn't a ride at the zoo). She did great!!! And I am still amazed that she did so well on her first try. I wish I could post the others but they are just too big in size to load correctly.
And b/c some of you haven't seen the baby in a while here is another tear jerking moment. Our baby has found his thumb and started to suck it. One of my last firsts. Firsts for him and lasts for mommy.

3 comments:
Oh, how sweet! I don't cry easily, but certainly relate to the feelings! Good job on the video too!!
Woo Hoo! I'll have to tell my girls. Where is she riding at??
paige is so big!! she looks like she was having such a fun time :)
Post a Comment