So when we moved we knew that eventually some the south my inflitrate our home at some point. I was thinking more like food or things not necessarily words. My hubby and I are born and bread midwesterners. Our snakes and spiders up north don't bite with venom or bother you if you look at them the wrong way. We don't mash elevator buttons we push them. And we don't put our stuff in the boot we put our stuff in the trunk of the car. The one thing we say that is the most southern is,Y'all. That isn't all that bad. So last night we are sitting around and the older kids were playing. When my ears perked up at something my little girl said. She was explaining to her brother something and said," We might could do it this way." I darted my eyes right to her father and asked him if he heard that. He didn't but I was in awe and shock. Where in the world did she learn that? So I started thinking. We have been here now a little over two years(wow!). She has had a few teachers in her life that have grown up here or have been living in the south for some time. But her teacher this year is so sweet and so southern! I am wondering if the southern ways are inflitrating her little life. Am I mad about ? NO I think it is the sweetest thing on earth! We might could get use to this! (I catch myself saying it a few times here and there)
On another note... Check out the fun gifts my sister sent to my kids. I thought we were just getting a computer game for the big boy. But I opened it up and there was some fun goodies for the kids.
The baby is also getting bigger too... Here is his latest picture


5 comments:
I am so proud!!
he is getting so big!
They are so cute! We miss you guys & everyone, but keeping busy is good, I guess. Send our hellos! We'll be peeking in through the blog. :)
Take care! Jenn
Oh, it is infectious, that's for sure y'all.
Fun!
Have y'all invited your friends and family to a PIG PICKIN' yet?!!
Post a Comment