We are saving a little paper this year and going semi-green with our letter. So what has been up with us?
Hubby: He has a wonderful new hobby. About a year or so ago our friends taught us how to roast coffee. Well, maybe hubby and not me. So we buy these green coffee beans. They are tiny and pea green. Then we stick them into a hot air popcorn popper and after their "second crack" we have fresh dark brown coffee beans. And if you are wondering if they taste better.... OOOOOooohhh Yeah!! A ton better than store bought beans. His other wonderful passion that he has had since he was a young boy is soccer. Now I am a little biasd b/c I got to watch him play soccer throughout college and he is fantastic!!! He wouldn't tell you himself but WOW!! (He's kinda handsome in all his gear.) The funny thing is that a person from a league he played in asked him if he would like a more competitive league and he was all over that. So last spring he joined this other league. After a few weeks he notice that he was the only causasian person besides the referees playing. All the others were of hispanic origin. I like to call him the gringo goalie!!! He loves it and it gives him the bumps, bruises and workout he loves! Lastly, I get to take a few trips each year, MOPS convention, MOPS retreat, and a girlfriend beach trip. Hubby really never gets a trip. So this year he got to go golfing in Georgia with a good friend he met through work. All I know is that he played about 36 holes of golf in 2 days. He may have to correct me on that but all I know is that I am tired by about the 9 or 10th whole and am done for the day, weekend and week. He loves it! He would go everyday if he could!
Me: The second half of the year has kept me quite busy. With adding a new little one things have turned a little bit hectic around here. Our morning plan is just to make it out the door with everyone dressed, fed and in the car on time. And if everyone is happy that is always a bonus. Besides keeping up with the kids, my extra time is mostly devoted to the MOPS(http://www.mops.org/) group at our church(http://www.gethope.net/). But the cool thing is that when I am about to get in the car to do one of my many things I always have a cup of coffee fresh,warm and tasty in my hands. I love my hubby's new hobby! My new favorites are India Elkhill and Tanzanian Peaberry(thanks to a gift from my sister)
The Princess: Our princess began her 6th year with a love of horses. And you can always see a brief video of her as she rides her first "big" horse if you go to a past posting called A Gift... . She has started kindergarten and is doing well. Her teacher would prefer if she didn't talk so much but sometimes you just can't help heredity! She is slowly learning to read and enjoys her time at school. She is such a good big sister and when she feels like it she is at the baby's beckon call. She loves her baby brother and sometimes her preschool brother. She is starting to turn into a wonderful little lady and no longer a preschooler. Sometimes I miss the days when I could do her hair and dress her how I wanted. She has so many opinions lately, good and bad!
Bubba: Our big boy started preschool this year and loves it!!! I asked his teacher one day how he was doing. And I had told her once that he was just a bundle of energy and was she ready for him. And she told me,"If I can handle 10 boys on M,W,F then I can surely handle one Bubba on Tues an Thurs." Oh goodness! He is all boy! He loves to move. He cannot go anywhere without hopping, jumping or high fiving something. As I write he is calling me from his bedroom to wake up! I try and wait as long as I can because the perpetual motion can be a bit overwhelming. He loves his new little brother and can't wait until he turns 1 so they can share a room. I don't know if he is more excited about sharing or getting a bunk bed.
Chunka Lunka: Our little boy is getting bigger and bigger. Sometimes I think he grows in his sleep. Right now he is the biggest at his age of all of our kids. I can't believe it! He is sitting up on his own and is very smiley and content with life. He is such a good baby.
Well that is all for now. I hope you enjoyed the update. Below is an updated picture of our Chunka Lunka!

2 comments:
It was great to hear all about your year! I'm glad things are going well. And yes, Grant's coffee is/was good!! Maybe we'll take up that hobby someday!?! We should get together again sometime. We are spending the summer in Chicago...that ought to be interesting with 3 boys! Have a very Merry Christmas & a happy New Year!
Sandie (& boys)
Hi Brook! I love your blog! Your kids are so adorable and getting so big. We miss you guys alot and miss the good old days with Crossroads ABF. Rich is still wanting that 80's party!! Happy New Year. Love, The Garey's
Post a Comment